To submit your tutorial summary, please use the following button:
The Dearborn Artificial Intelligence Research (DAIR) Center (http://dair.umdearborn.edu/) will organize its annual symposium, DAIS ’20 (http://dair.umdearborn.edu/symposium), on November 30th and December 4th. DAIS’20 includes tutorial sessions within the board topics of AI foundation and applications for both novice and experienced practitioners and researchers. Tutorials will be organized by professionals and scientists who have significant expertise in the related AI topics. We strongly encourage hands-on tutorials combining the theoretical foundations with tools demo that can benefit the society in multiple domains such as transportation, healthcare, supply chain, smart cities, e-commerce, manufacturing, robotics, bots, maintenance, etc.
Interested AI researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for 1h. The recorded and live streaming tutorials will be presented during sessions of one hour, and more details will be provided upon selection. The participants are expected to prepare a pre-recording of up-to 45 min of the tutorial and participate in the live streaming session to answer the questions from the audience and interact with them.
Up-to 2 best tutorial awards will be selected. The award amount is US$ 1,000.00. The selection process of the best tutorials will be handled by a committee composed by the tutorial chairs and 5 academic or industry experts that will evaluate proposals based on the following criteria (but not limited to):
- Clarity and quality of presentation;
- Relevance of the topic;
- Impact and associated tools
The format of each tutorial will be up to the organizer(s). The proposals for the tutorials should be submitted using the following link : https://forms.gle/sPJgeGyF384rzZMs9
Online platforms will be provided to display all accepted proposals and interact with attendees. In order to be included in the symposium, at least one organizer per accepted tutorial must register for the conference.
- Submission deadline: November 13, 2020, 23:59:59 (AoE, or UTC -12)
- Author notification: November 16, 2020
All tutorial proposals will be reviewed based on the following considerations:
- Relevance of the tutorial to the scope of the main event;
- A coherent and important technical topic of high interest;
- Likely impact on the targeted AI community, including likelihood of strong participation;
- Potential to stimulate interesting discussions;
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas;
- Promote collaborations.
- Hands-on experience and tools support
- Dr. Wencong Su, Associate Professor and Associate Director for DAIR Research Relations
- Dr. Samir Rawashdeh, Associate Professor and Associate Director for DAIR Outreach Relations
Questions shall be directed via email to the Tutorial Program Chairs: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.